Hello there, my creation for this week is a collage style card which was inspired by our family visit to Bournemouth last month and you can imagine my delight when I found that the Crafty Individuals ticket elements set included a vintage Bournemouth beach chair ticket - not that we did any sitting on the beach because it was absolutely freezing!
Here’s What You Need:
Small Alphabet Stamps
A4 Fun Foam Sheet
Here’s How To:
· To make the background paper, first cut a piece of fun foam slightly larger than your card blank and cut a square of white card to fit the card. Apply dabs of Distress Stain (I used Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass) to the craft sheet to give an area about the size of the foam. Spray with a little water and then press the foam down into the ink. Pick it up carefully and apply to the card by pressing firmly. Repeat until you are happy with the result and allow to dry.
· You will find that the technique never gives the same result twice and that the card used (whether smooth or slightly rough) will affect the absorption rate but it is fun to experiment as the grungy effect is great to stamp on. I stamped my paper with the wood panel stamp using Weathered Wood Distress ink as you can stamp this repeatedly with ease.
· Stamp the seagull collage panel on to white card using the Majestic Blue ink and paint with a variety of Distress Stains. Trim close to the image and ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
· Tear a piece of corrugated card larger than the seagull panel and apply embossing ink round the left edge and base. Heat emboss with the sticky embossing powder and apply some mica flakes to the edges. Tap off the excess and add more embossing ink with the dabber next to the mica flakes. Sprinkle on some Aged Silver embossing enamel and heat to melt. Tie a piece of twine round the panel and knot at the left side.
· I drew the bunting on to white card with a pencil, painted it with Distress Stains and cut it out but you could use a die or a stamp if you prefer. I then stamped the text on white card with the blue ink and cut the words out, adding a little colour with Antique Linen Distress Stain.
· I stamped the beach chair ticket twice on white card with the blue ink, painted them with pink Distress Stain and cut them out.
· I assembled the card as you see using a mix of double sided tape and foam tape to give dimension.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the Bank Holiday.