Saturday, 3 August 2013

How Curious Alice Mobile by Julie Dandy




 

Hi all, firstly I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Laura  for asking me to guest this month on the design team :D

I have lots of ideas and projects lined up for you and can't wait to share them :D

For my first project I have created an Alice themed mobile featuring the Stampendous clear Alice set.
 

Here's what I used:

Patterned Paper - I used Graphic 45 Secret Garden
Acrylic Paint - I used Ranger Paint Dabber in Pearl
White Embossing Powder and Embossing Ink - I used the Ranger dabber
Viva Decor Inka gold in various colours (Creative Expressions Wax is a good substitute)
Tiny Type Alphas
Tim Holtz Fragment Tag
Nylon Thread

 

Heres How to:

Colour your chipboard pieces with your chosen mediums - I used a pearl acrylic paint on some of the rabbits and white embossing powder and inka gold on the clock face and hearts. To age the clock slightly, I spritzed it with the Antique Green Cosmic Shimmer Mist to give it a verdigris effect.
 
 
 

Cover the reverse side of the clock face with patterned paper of your choice by coating the chipboard in Glossy Accents and wiggling on the paper to create a good bond, when dry cut away the excess and sand the edges.

I also used the Glossy Accents to attach the metal embellies (the key is a radiator key I found in a hardware shop).
 
 

Stamp Alice on to the clear modelling film, when dry colour the reverse side of the image with the alchohol inks and cut out leaving a small tab at the top to create a hanging loop.


 
 

Glue double sided patterned paper to the fragment tag and stamp on the exposed paper and add your text stickers.
 
 

When everything is dry, punch holes around the edge of the clock face, then tie the chippies together with the nylon and attach through the holes.

 
 

Alice and the tag were attached in the same way.

They tangle easily and I found it easier to balance the clock face on a tall glass while I was tying everything on.

When you are finished, attach more nylon around the clock face gathering them together in the centre, to create a hanging point.

It proved to be rather tricky to photograph unfortunately!!
 

Have a fabulously crafty weekend everyone,

hugs'n'snogs,

Julie xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - and welcome to the design team :-)Really love your Alice mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, welcome to the team.
    This is such fun.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Julie and a great start to your guest spot. Great to have you with us.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...