Monday, 12 August 2013

Independent Woman - A Tag by Deborah



 
 
Artistic Outpost: Cowgirl Strength Stamp Set
Archival Ink: Coffee, Cobalt
Selection of ProMarkers and Distress Markers
Ranger Inkssentials #8 Tag (as template)
Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
Corrugated Cardboard
Distress Stains: Picket Fence, Broken China, Tea Dye, Faded Jeans
Distress Ink: Antique Linen
Stamping Card or Paper
Double Sided Tape
Die cut Cog, Leather Thong and Metal Tab from my stash
 

I’m still on the cowgirl trail this week – I just love these stamps! Brown and blue is not a colour combination I usually work with (the colours of my school uniform!) but they were the obvious choice here.

I die cut my # 8 tag using Tim Holtz’s Sizzix die but if you don’t have one just use a ready-made #8 tag as a template. I tore away some of the corrugation then applied Distress Stains in Picket Fence and Broken China.

I stamped the cowhide pattern twice, end to end - turning the stamp 180 degrees to vary the pattern - using coffee Archival ink. Using the ink blending tool, I added the merest hint of Antique Linen to tone down the white of the card. Then I cut round it following the shape of the brown markings. I stamped and coloured the words the same way, edging them with a khaki ProMarker.

The cowgirl was stamped in Cobalt and coloured with a mix of ProMarkers and Distress Markers. I used the Picket Fence Distress Marker to add some texture to her hat, then went over it with a Tea Green ProMarker.


After sticking everything down with double sided tape and attaching the leather thong, the whole thing looked top-heavy. So I cut some lightweight card into fringing and taped it to the bottom of the tag. I coloured it with Tea Dye and Faded Jeans Distress Stains – and the blue on top of the brown went green! The addition of some ProMarker work in shades of brown sorted that out. To finish, I stamped the blanket stitching on the join.
 
Deborah

11 comments:

  1. A fabulous tag Deb.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Deborah, and that fringing really tops (sorry, bottoms) it off perfectly. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fringe finishing touch, looks great with the stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Deb...love the fringe! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Debs. Love colours and texture and the fringing is a fab touch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fringing is fabulous on the tag.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum - love the strong, rustic look, and the fringe is fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY like this. A great tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...