Monday, 19 August 2013

Lady Evergreen - A One-Colour Card by Deborah


 
 
 

 

This card developed from the background up. I randomly stamped ‘Let Your Soul and Spirit Fly’ from the IndigoBlu set over a card blank in Evergreen Bough Distress Ink. I didn’t worry too much about catching the edges of the rubber, as I was going for a grungy feel. I used an ink duster to stipple the same ink onto the card, but you could equally use Cut n Dry Foam. I then dragged the ink pad round the edges of the card.

Then I searched through my stamps for something that would work on top of this busy background and chose the Venus image. I stamped her separately on lightweight white card, stippled over the top to knock back the white, then took the background stamp off the acrylic block and lightly stamped over her dress. Once I had cut her out, I inked her edges by running the ink pad round at 90 degrees.

Once I had glued her on to the card I needed to disguise the fact her shoulder cuts off. So I stamped along the edge with the border from the Fantasy Tiles set but it didn’t really show up. Nevertheless I stamped the same border top and bottom of the card. In the end I used a die cut, inked up with Evergreen Bough, to help hide the join.
 
Deborah

12 comments:

  1. loving this one colour card....nice stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamped layering on this Deborah. It has the feel of a £50 note! Great choice of images too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous work, love the background all that gorgeous lace and those stamped images are fabulous, outstanding work as always my dear, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! Love how you have kept it all in one tone!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Deb, love that colour completely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renaissance grunge, I like it, I think it might catch on. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour and stamping.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping to a single colour is a great way to keep a busy design unified - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fabulous Debs. She looks like a green goddess. Love that colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfect serene colour for this beauty - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful - wonderful stamping and shading.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...