Monday, 5 August 2013

Lonesome Cowgirl - A Card by Deborah



 
 

 
 
When my stamps arrived on Thursday it was so hot (31°C) I wasn’t up to anything that requited much thought or effort. So I decided to stamp each stamp onto scrap paper and play around rather than set to making something.

I decided to try to make a background pattern with the border (sort of like a Western style blanket) so stamped it six times and coloured in the little teardrop shapes. Then I put the cowgirl image – which I had coloured in with ProMarkers and Distress Markers - on top and the background pattern suddenly turned into a border. Then I added an outer border with the phrase, which just happened to be the right length. And that became the basis for my card proper...

As I had coloured the background to the cowgirl with a Sunflower ProMarker I dug through my stash of gelli prints and came up with one in Mustard Seed yellow. When I layered up the images to see how it looked it was obvious I needed to colour the word border with the Sunflower (the nearest match).

Having worked out my design all I had to do was re-stamp everything onto decent card and paper. I edged the yellow background with a Navy ProMarker before gluing it to my card blank.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love it when a plan comes together! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... and love that it came out of just playing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously bright Debs and a really sassy cowgirl too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She definitely looks sassy!
    So like that border you created.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great summery colours and fabulous design.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Will definitely be checking out the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fab card - I love the strong colours and design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...