Thursday, 8 August 2013

Mad Hatter Box by Carol Fox


 

 

 

I have been using the Mad Hatter Stamp from the Deep Red Cling Company this week. I do love to paint and decorate boxes and I am always on the look out for stamped images that will fit onto box lids and I was not at all disappointed with the size of this one, it fitted perfectly onto the lid of my 9cm square box.


 

 

 

This is what I did

·       Give the box a quick coat of brown paint, follow this with a coat of crackle medium and when dry paint with cream paint.

·       When it is dry coat with multi medium.

·       Stamp your image and quote using black Archival ink and coat again with multi medium.

·       Colour your image with paint, edge the box with a black dabber to give the edges definition.

·       Finish with a coat of multi medium, glue a button to the front.

 

What I used
 
Fresco Paints: Chocolate Pudding, Honeydew, Crackle Medium, Pumpkin Spice, London Bus and Pea Coat
Wooden Box

 

Thank you for your visit to the blog today,
 
 
Carol x

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous weathered look to the box, and I love the Mad Hatter image!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Carol. Love the textured look on the box and guess who finally watched the Tim Burton Alice at the weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...