Thursday, 22 August 2013

Paris Exposition Box by Carol Fox




 

 
I painted and stamped a wooden box using the Paris Expostion Stamp set by The Artistic Outpost this week.

 

 

 

What I did


 

·       I painted my box using blue Fresco Finish Paint, I gave it two coats rubbing it down when dry before applying the 2nd coat.

·       When the paint was completely dry, I applied Picket Fence Distress Stain over the entire box - this gives it a nice distressed finish.

·       I now used black Archival ink to stamp my images directly onto the box, masking as necessary.

·       I dragged a black paint dabber around the edges of the box to give it definition.


·       I gave it a coat of Glue and Seal to protect it, I used the glossy finish one, but this is personal preface, the matt finish will work just as well.

·       I now finished my box with a button as a faux knob and added a small charm to the front.

 

 

 

I used 


Button and Charm

 

This quite a quick project to make, but it does look very effective for very little effort. 

Thank you for your visit to the blog today and all comments are appreciated. 


Carol Xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Carol. Love the colours and wonderful OI stamps.

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation Carol and great use of one of my fave stamp sets.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...