Saturday, 10 August 2013

Sew Pretty Frame by Julie Dandy


 
 



What I used:
Creative Paperclay - I got the 4oz pack and it has gone a really long way!!
Scrap of Lace
Wood Veneer
Patterned Paper - I used Tilda
Glue - I used Glossy Accents because it sticks quickly and firmly
Distress Stickles in Bundled Sage and Victorian Velvet
Lace, Buttons and Threads

 


Here's how to:

Start by spreading a thin layer of paperclay over the oval base of the Tando bowl, use a roller or a glass (because I couldn't find my roller LOL) to smooth out.

Gently press in your piece of scrap lace and roll again, so that the lace sinks slightly into the damp clay.

Carefully peel off so that the clay doesn't lift too much but leaves a pretty lacey impression - I gently tapped down the little bits that pulled up slightly.

Leave to dry for a couple of days - keep gently bending back so that it is flat, as it will curl slightly when it dries out.

Spritz the clay covered chippie with the mica mists, so that the colour settles in to the pattern and highlights the embossing, then leave to dry.
 
Paint or cover your ovals in different shades, so that it makes a feature of the graduation, then distress and ink the edges.
 
 
 
 

Glue together to create the frame.

I ripped sections of the top layer and added a contrast paper underneath to give it a shabby look, then sewed through with pink thread.

Glue the frame to the base and your feature - I die cut the packaging that came with my bowl with the Tim Holtz sewing room die, then layered it with die cut wood veneer and embossed sticky back canvas, which I then inked.

I embellished it all with lace, buttons, a ribbon reel and Distress Stickles.
 
 
 
 

I still have some of the ovals left so am thinking of other projects for those :D

hugs'n'snogs,
 

Julie x

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Julie. Love the texture and lace embellishing, so very pretty.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...