Hello there, I’m off to Paris again this week for my project so I’m sure you can tell how much I want to visit. Instead I have to make do with a little French flavour on the tag, which again features one of the very chic paper doll stamps designed by Julie Nutting for Prima.
Here’s What You Need:
Distress Ink – Tattered Rose, Antique Linen
Selection of Paper Flowers – mine are various Prima
Here’s How To:
· To make the background on the tag, first apply Tattered Rose Distress ink with the sponge applicator. Dry this off well with a heat gun.
· Place the stencil over the lower half of the tag and sponge on Antique Linen Distress ink. Before it dries, brush the Kiwi Perfect Pearls through the stencil on to the inked areas. You could use clear ink here but I prefer to use a colour so that I can see where I have inked. Buff with a tissue to remove any excess.
· Ink up the lace stamp with the Moss ink and stamp this above the stencilled area with the scallops at the top. Stamp the Paris postmark at the top left of the tag with the Coffee ink.
· Using the Coffee ink, stamp the doll, Paris text, airmail letter and Eiffel tower on to some smooth stamping card. Colour the doll and the airmail letter with Promarkers. I chose greens and blue and coloured the doll’s hair with pinks and oranges adding a little detail with coloured pencils. Cut the images out, die cutting the Eiffel tower if you like to make a little tag as I did.
· Assemble the tag using a mix of double sided tape and foam tape for dimension, arranging a cluster of toning flowers and pearls in a cascade on the left side. Add a pearl to the doll’s dress. Tie a piece of ribbon at the top.
As you can see, it’s much easier to make than it might appear.
Have a lovely weekend.