This week I wanted to get right away from winter and Christmas. So what could be less wintery? A little spooky fun!
Distress Paints in Antique Linen, Broken China, Picked Raspberry and Crushed Olive
· Cut your white card into a gothic arch shape.
· Take your Distress paints ~ Antique Linen, Broken China and Picked Raspberry and add the smallest bit onto a craft mat and spray with water…. Drag your piece of white card through it. Dab most of the colour off with some kitchen roll. It gives a nice vintage background even with the bright colours. Dry with a heat tool.
· Stamp 5 pumpkins onto some spare card using the Black Archival as well as the words from the Gothic 31 set. Colour the pumpkins, and then apply some Rock Candy Crackle. Leave to dry.
· Using the black Archival, stamp the frame and silhouette centrally onto your arch shape. Add some stamped leaves at the bottom and half a spider at the top. Dry with a heat tool.
· Add some crackle using the Sheena stamp and coffee Archival, gives a more subtle effect than using black.
· Add some depth using watercolour pencils to your arch. Use the Crushed Olive Distress paint around the edge of the arch and then the dark brown chalk ink.
· Glue onto a piece of black card and trim around so there’s a very small border around your arch.
· Glue the words into place and then arrange the pumpkins along the bottom of the arch. I ended up using just 4 of the 5 pumpkins I stamped out.
· Add some colour to the word strip.
· Using the white pen, highlight bits of the black stamping.
· Finally, fill the frame with some Crackle Accents. Leave to dry naturally otherwise the crackle doesn’t appear.