Beer mats aren’t just for beer, they are to chop up and make pretty things from and I have used some this week for my project.
· I used four beer mats. If you don’t have any just cut some sturdy card too approximately 3.5 inches square and round the corners. For this project I cut one of the four beer mats in half and rounded the cut corners to match the others producing the small beer mat at the bottom.
· I gave them all a coat of Fresco paint in Bora Bora, dried this with a heat gun, gave it a thin coat of crackle glaze and when this was dry painted Nougat over the top, letting it crackle as it dried.
· I stamped my images directly onto the painted surface and coloured them with Fresco paints. I also dry brushed a bit around the edges of the painted beer mats, drawing the colour into the centre so it faded as it got to the middle.
· I stamped my words using black Archival ink and ran a line of black acrylic paint around the outside of the mats. I then gave it all a coat of Fresco Satin Glaze. Once this was dry, I highlighted the works with Glossy Accents to make them pop a little bit, and hand drew lines with a black pen round the edges.
· I punched holes as shown adding eyelets and jump rings to join the mats together and a length of chain for hanging.
· I added a length of ribbon trim to the outer beer mats.