Saturday, 30 May 2015

Drawing the Lines by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 
 
Donna here today with another one of Jane Davenport’s wonderful face stencils. My first make for the team blog was the ‘side profile’ version, this time I’m using the ‘front facing’ one.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Here’s What I Did:

 

 

Using PaperArtsy greyboard, I placed the stencil on top and then used a pencil to trace the lines through the stencil. This gives you the perfect face guideline to follow.
 
 
Once that was done, I quickly sketched how I wanted the hair to look and also drew in the pupils etc.
 
 
Next, you can start your colouring. As it’s on the greyboard, this will take everything you throw at it. I chose my Copics for this but Promarkers are just as good so are Spectrum Noir pencil’s etc. Anything where you can get a good skintone will do.
 
 
Use a Sharpie White Paint pen for highlighting areas of the face, then colour in the hair. Once again I used a cCpic for this but again a Promarker will do. Take a coloured pencil to outline the face, mouth etc. A black micron 01 pen is useful for outlining the eyes and creating eyelashes.
 
 
I then stamped over the hair using a new Prima/Finnabair stamp, these little stamps are fab for adding different textures.
 
 
For the background, I used one of the Dina Wakley paints….such a lovely, zesty pop of colour!
 
 
Next take a butterfly stamp from the Prima/Finnabair stamp set, stamp on thick white card and cut out. For the colouring in of these I used my Promarkers. 
 
 
Mount butterflies onto the greyboard using foam pads. Add a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book as the finishing touch.
 
 
It makes creating faces so much fun…virtually fail proof!!
 
 
 

Supplies Used: 

 

Instead of Copics use Promarkers
 
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
 
Donna x

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! Great colours and love the hair!! Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh what a fab bright piece, that green really makes the face pop. Gorgeous hair and wonderful,colouring. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing - love the hair xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous.. great texture on her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is stunning Donna. What a beautiful face she has and the hair gives her such a great look!
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous face, Donna! I love how you painted the eyes. Those butterflies are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Donna. Your colouring looks amazing and the whole creation is so colourful too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Donna, I love what you've done with her hair xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fresh. Beautifully coloured and I love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing Donna! Her hair is spectacular and I love the addition of the butterflies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...