Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Mixed Media Make by Donna Gray


Hello everyone, 

Donna here with a bit of mixed media art for you all today on some PaperArtsy greyboard.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Here’s What I Did:

 

 
Take your chosen size of PaperArtsy greyboard and cover with DecoArt Paint. I chose a nice, bright turquoise for this.
 
 
To get the circles, I used a Prima stencil which I believe may be difficult to get hold of now but I’ve had a quick look and there really are loads of circle stencils That’s Crafty! stock so no problem there! I spread some DecoArt White Crackle Paint through the stencil, put to one side to dry, it crackles better that way.
 
 
Then I took a couple of DecoArt Media Misters and sprayed at the top of the greyboard allowing the colour to drip down, dried and repeated the process by turning the greyboard around the other way.
 
 
Using a Prima/Finnabair stamp, I randomly applied to the background using black Archival ink.
 
 
Next I used a Dina Wakley stamp, stamped onto white cardstock using black memento ink and coloured in using a mixture of Copics and ProMarkers. Keep the colours along a similar colour scale to help tie the image in.
 
 
Earlier, I had created a ‘masterboard’ of sorts with various DecoArt Media Mister’s and Dina Wakley stamps and then proceeded to cut it into 4 small, irregular pieces for this creation.
 
 
This is what it looked like cut into strips before it was cut even smaller so you get the idea (the bigger bits were used on my tea caddy I made a few weeks ago).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I positioned the small pieces of masterboard on the greyboard and then glued it down, putting the Dina stamp on the top.
 
 
Add some embellishments from your stash and a sentiment from Tim Holtz Small Talk Sticker Book and it’s all done!
 
 

 

Supplies Used:

 
 
 
 
Hope you like it
 
 
Donna x

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous mixed media piece starring a fabulous stamp from Dina, love it
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing MM, Donna. Love that crackle through the stencil and her funky red and pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Donna. A mixed media feast for the eyes. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...