Be Led By Your Dreams by Moira Sutton

00:00





DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Primary Yellow, Sap Green, Cerulean Blue, Cadmium Orange Hue, Dioxazine Purple
Finnabair Prima Stamps – Off Set Dots, Jagged Lines and Read to Me  
Archival Ink Watering Can and Jet Black
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Shamrock Green, Ramblin Rose Pink, Mango Mania, Pop Rock Purple, Hydrangea Blue

I have been a bit grumpy lately probably the result of the greyness and rain after that burst of sunshine so in order to encourage the sun back I got my grumpy penguin stamps out to see if putting them in an exotic setting would cheer them up, unfortunately I don’t think it did!
I began with blending the yellow, green and blue paints on my page with a baby wipe.  When dry I used the Joggles stencils to create some “flowers” with the paints and the Mini Blending Tool. I then over-stamped with the Prima stamps in Watering Can to provide some texture. Next came a few white rub ons from my stash and I mixed a tiny amount of the Shamrock Green Magicals with Gel Medium and spread it though the Dinky Stencil in a couple of places. 
On separate card I stamped two of the grumpy penguins and coloured using a damp paint brush dipped into the Magicals, hand cut them and stuck them to my page along with the quote I had chosen. 

Using the Portfolio oil pastels I added some shadows and highlights, rubbing with my finger rather than using water to get a smooth result. 
Moira

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Those grumpy penguins make me laugh every time I see them. Love all those bright and happy flowers too. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all that fabulous colour you can't possibly be grumpy now?
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously bright and colourful Moira and so cheery too. Hoping it made you feel better as well.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love this, so colourful and I never thought of doing the grumpy penguins in anything other than black and white!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moira, those penguins need to be more grateful - here you are creating a fabulous scene for them to stand amongst and they are still grumpy!!!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moira I love these pages so vibrant - Gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook