Fill your Life With Colour by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone

I have a one layer card for you today using another of the recently released
Carabelle Studio stamps.







Here’s what I did:-


I started with a piece of mixed media card and stamped the large butterfly using black Archival ink. I then stamped it again on a large post it note, cut out, and used as a mask. Once the mask was in place I then stamped over it using the circles and dots stamp and then removed the mask. Once my images were stamped I started colouring. For the background I diluted down some grey Brusho Crystals and painted on as a water colour paint.

I then coloured the circles, again in watercolours. To make the butterfly stand out from the page I added some shadow using a black Spectrum Noir coloured pencil and blended it into the grey Brusho using a paper stump and blending solution.







I then stamped just part of a sentiment from a PaperArtsy set as I wanted to replace the word colour with die cuts instead of just stamping it on. I die cut the letters using pieces of coloured card that matched the colours of my coloured circles.

I then matted it onto black card and then onto an 8” x 8” card blank.


Here’s What I Used:-


Post It Note
Carabelle Studio Stamps – Spread your Wings & Circle and Dots
Brusho Crystals – Grey
Coloured Card
Card Blank

Have a fab week and I’ll be back next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Fab tutorial Amanda, really love the depth you've created and the butterfly is super 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab love the contrast of the colour and the monochrome areas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning, Amanda, thanks for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous to have those zingy colours popping against the smoky greys and incredible b&w detail of the amazing butterfly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous and yummy card Amanda and so striking in colour too.
    Fliss xx
    PS: Somw of the dots make me think of liquorice allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh now this is eye catching, love the bursts of colour against the monochrome.....very clever ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very colourful and great contrast using black and white xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook