Discover Life by Moira Sutton

00:00






Carabelle Studio Art Stamps – Collage Nid d’abeilles and Taches et Coutures
Pebeo Dyna Paints – Orange/Yellow, Blue/Green, Green/Yellow
Prima Art Alchemy Paints – Light Patina and Rich Turquoise
StazOn Azure



I always keep at least 2 pages clear in my journal to wipe up left over paint, check what stamps look like and use up texture and crackle paste and once they start to look interesting I work into them.  This is a case in point and I noticed that most of the paints I had used were pearlescent or mica based so decided to keep with that feel.

Firstly as the Collage Nid d’abeilles was on one page I stamped it again twice on the other page with the blue StazOn.

Next I added more Black Modelling Paste through the Abstract Stone stencil to balance the pages as it was only there on one page.

I added the Dyna paints again seeking to balance the two pages.

Using the archival ink I stamped the circle from the Taches et Coutures set in five places and filled the circles in with gesso.  When dry I painted these in with the two Prima paints, gave the circles a white outline with the Sharpie and once again stamped the circles over the top with the archival.

By shaking the sharpie hard over the age I got some nice fine splatters.


At this stage it felt like I was looking at planets floating in a galaxy far away which lead me to my phrase made with a couple of Chit Chat stickers. 

Moira 

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Fab pages Moira, so lovely and colourful and great texture too. Wish my mop ups looked half as good!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh stunning, love the colours and circles always grab my attention :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Colours Moira, pages look fab
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, and such a bright joyous creation to bring a bit of sunshine to such a "miserable day" weatherwise.

    Surprisingly, your creation really shows how textured your work is in the photograph, so it must be so very tactile in "real life"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous, colourful galaxy!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook