Up, Up and Away by Moira Sutton

00:00




Prima Art Alchemy Paints – Lime Peel, Light Patina, Rich Turquoise
Black Posca Pen
DecoArt - White Tinting Base, Gesso, Satin VarnishMetallic Lustre in Gold, Media Fluid Acrylics Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna and White
Other items - Hessian, Cord, Bead, Foil Adhesive

 
As soon as I saw the light bulb shape I wanted to turn it upside down and make a hot air balloon. 
I started with a coat of Gesso all over and drew around a saucer to create a curved bottom of the balloon. Next I added a coat of the Prima Lime Peel paint to the balloon area. When dry I laid the Harlequin stencil over the top of the balloon and dabbed lightly with the Tinting Base. When that was dry I went over it with the Rich Turquoise. 
Next I used a ruler and black Posca pen to draw lines between the harlequin diamonds. In order to shabby it up a little I gave the whole a wash with watery white paint. Then I added dabs of foil adhesive and Prima gold foil in random areas.
For the sky in the space between the balloon and the basket I used the Prima Light Patina.
I gave the sky and balloon areas two coats of varnish.
For the basket I stuck a piece of hessian onto the base of the bulb added some dabs of Modelling paste and painted with the two brown paints. 

When the varnish was dry I went over all the drawn lines on the balloon with Glossy Accents, sticking down a fine cord, it needs to be fairly thin so the hands can still move. Next I wrapped cord all around the balloon and connecting the balloon to the basket. 
A final addition was the Tim Holtz Faucet Knob treated with the Metallic Lustre.

Moira

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Absolutely love this Moira, so clever and love the texture and detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo clever and such a stunner too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moira fabulous idea and result
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moira,
    This is a lovely vintage style creation and great fun xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook