Distress Crayons and Texture by Nikki Acton

00:00







Hi everyone! Today I have a card I made using Distress Crayons over a textured surface and also to colour the stamped images. Here is what I did:






Firstly I added some texture paste through Tim Holtz Stripes layering stencil on white card and allowed it to dry. I then took my Distress Crayons and started adding colour in stripes and blending the colours with a babywipe and my finger to work in the colour.

On a piece of card I added some gesso before stamping the butterfly images from Finnabair’s ‘Dream On’ stamp set with archival ink. I then added colour using the crayons and blended with my fingers and a little water. I selected a saying from Tim Holtz Small Talk sticker book and also coloured with the same colours.






I mounted my coloured base on some black card (having torn the base away) and added the saying and butterflies.

See you next week!

Nikki

Supplies


Baby Wipes

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. This is gorgeous! I must try using my distress crayons over texture paste, thank you for the idea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the colour so effective

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Nikki. The textured stripes are fab and I've discovered a love for these crayons too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful,looks like a really expensive fabric!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely, love the torn edge
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fabulous. It's so exciting to see how effectfull your technique turned out using these crayons. Pretty color combo and love the simplicity of the finished result. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely art.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors on this, and the butterflies speak volumes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook