I Dare You by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone


I got myself, last week, Andy Skinners new stamps produced by Stampendous. So it is no surprise then that my make for you today uses some of those stamps along with some of his older ones.






Here’s What I Did:-


I started with one of That’s Crafty! large MDF uprights, this one being the tag shape design. The first thing then to prepare the MDF. I applied a very thin layer of gesso with a piece of Cut and Dry Foam. 

My next layer was to paint the entire surface and base with DecoArt Medium Grey and dry. I then smeared Vaseline onto the grey in places and then painted over the whole thing again this time with Titan Buff. Allow this layer to dry completely do not use a heat gun as it melts the Vaseline. Once dry wipe off the Vaseline with some kitchen paper and the paint will come off where you applied the Vaseline leaving you a distressed look. I then painted over the surface again with a watered down wash using Quinacridone Gold and then a wash of burnt umber. Again leave this to fully dry, you can use a heat gun for this. 

I then stamped over the entire surface with one of Andy’s Industrial background stamps in black Archival. Final touch on the background was to use a sanding block to further distress the paint.

I stamped the skull onto a piece of tissue paper and then added colour with paint from behind. To cut him out from the tissue I go around the image with a water brush this makes the tearing so much easier and softens the edge to make it less noticeable. I added him to the tag with matte medium.

You will see he is lighter than the rest of the tag as I blended in the edges of the tissue by adding some more wash to the tag, avoiding the skull area. I also had to do a bit more distressing with the sanding block.

I then added some stamping on the background using black Archival. I wanted the statement to stand out so I have heat embossed using a vanilla coloured embossing powder which I have toned down using some of my paint wash I used on the background. The word ‘Laugh’ also heat embossed uses Dina Wakleys stamps.

The toxic logo I stamped I coloured using a yellow coloured pencil. Final touch was some brush flicks of red paint.

This is a double sided piece but I will save the other side for another post but I have used more of Andy’s new stamps on it.


What I Used:-


DecoArt Media Fluids – Medium Grey, Titan Buff, Burnt Umber, Quinacridone Gold, Titanium White
Andy Skinner Stamps by Stampendous – New launch Skuldoggery & Unexplained
                                                           Also Industrial Backgrounds & Toxic
Cream Embossing Powder
Sanding Block
Vaseline
Kitchen Paper Roll
Tim Holtz Alpha Stickers


Hope you like it and I will see you all next Tuesday, have a fabulous week.

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Fabulous monolith, loving the background, perfect for the focal image. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background technique Amanda and love the grungy effects and detail too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant,loving that fab grungy background too,spookalicious!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cool - amazing use of Andy's stamps both old and new. Fabulous grungy funky make.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook