Hello Crafters! It's Alison here today, sharing a mixed media card that I made with a few of my favourite mediums, and some Dylusions stamps.
Here's what I used...
Dylusions Cling Mounted Stamp Sets - Black Sheep, Quintessential Quotes, Anatomy of a Page
Stencil Brush, Paintbrush, Baby Wipes, Music Sheet, Black Pen, Water Spray Bottle, Heat Gun, Scissors
Here's what I did...
1. I began by cutting some watercolour cardstock into 5x5 inch squares. I then used Gelatos to add some background colour, scribbling with different tones of the same colours, then blending with a baby wipe.
2. Next, I did some tone on tone stencilling with Dinky Stencils and Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint.
3. My next step on the background was to sprinkle on a contrasting colour of Infusions, then spritz with water, and dry with a heat gun.
4. To make my card, I picked out the purple background and used black Stazon ink to stamp a floral design around the edges.
5. I painted a thin coat of Snowflake Fresco on some music sheet, then stamped the focal image from the Black Sheep stamp set, and the quote, then cut them out. I also hand cut a scalloped edge and added some black pen doodling, before gluing it to the edges of the background.
6. I adhered the image and quote, outlined the words with a black pen, then used Distress Markers to colour in the image. I used a round paintbrush to add a splatter of watered down Snowflake Fresco, edged the background with black Stazon, then matted and layered onto black cardstock and a white card blank to finish.
I hope I've inspired you to create some art today.