Dream, Discover, Create by Alison Hall

00:00


Hello Crafters! It's Alison here today, with a textural art journal project.







Ingredients...


That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils - Believe, Enchanted
Dylusions Paint - Black Marble, After Midnight, White Linen, Postbox Red
Teabag Papers, Make-up Sponge, Stencil Brush, Paintbrush


Instructions...


1. I wanted to create lots of texture on this page, so I started off by adhering a few empty teabag papers to my journal page. Then I applied Grunge Paste through the That's Crafty! Big Floral Stencil. I covered the whole page with a coat of After Midnight Dylusion's paint, then used my finger to apply some Black Marble paint to highlight the stencilling.  

2. I stencilled the word 'Discover', and also the Dinky Stencil words 'Dream' and 'Create', using Black Marble paint. When the two small words were dry, I stencilled over the top with White Linen paint, moving the stencils slightly to create a shadow from the black paint beneath.

3. I used a white pen to add highlights to the word 'Discover', then flicked my page with watered down red and white paint.

4. To finish, I sponged the edges of my page with black paint.

Wishing you all a creative day,


Alison x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. great piece, love the texture, and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab texture on here Alison and love the paint splats, the perfect finishing touch.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,looks like a painting of midnight
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool - love the black shading adding great drama.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook