Head in the Sky by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Happy Easter everyone, I have a mixed media tag in my signature bright colours this week on my favourite nature theme too. I haven’t inked up my crazy bird stamps in a while so decided to remedy that here.






Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets – Textures Set 1, Lynne’s Affirmations Set 2
Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Die Sets – Wildflowers, Crazy Birds
Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black, Fern Green
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Pyrrole Orange, Hansa Yellow Medium, Primary Magenta, Green Gold
Pink Ribbon


Recipe:


When using an MDF tag, I usually give it a coat or two of gesso before applying paint so I did this first. I then roughly applied the orange and yellow paints in dots and then used a large brush to spread the colours, making sure I had both yellow and orange areas on the surface.

I next applied a pattern using the modelling paste with the flowers stencil in three areas on the tag. Once the paste was dry, I used a stencil brush (quite a small one) to colour the flowers roughly with the magenta paint. I then painted in flower centres with the green gold paint.

I used the script stamp and the small circular image from the textures set to add detail with the Fern Green ink. I found it easier to use the script stamp without an acrylic block as it slots in between raised areas much better that way.


I then felt that the raised floral pattern was a bit too prominent so I knocked it back by using a fairly dry brush to apply orange paint over and around the flowers. You’ll see the before and after in the photo below which should explain why I did this – whether you agree or not is another matter!







I die cut some wildflowers from white card and added these to the tag on the right side. I stamped my favourite crazy bird with black ink and painted him pink and blue for contrast, painting his beak yellow. I used the corresponding die to cut him out, although that isn’t essential unless your eyesight is as bad as mine is.

I stamped my chosen text on white card with the black ink and cut it in pieces to add to the tag with the little bird – I just love the way he’s looking up as if he’s imagining he’s in the sky.


We have a great new challenge for you over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog today with a great prize for the randomly drawn winner and all you have to do to be in with a chance is enter!


Have a lovely long weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. It's a stunning tag! Gorgeous background for the fabulous bird. I like the flowers both ways, either would have been a winner for me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehhe - this is ADORABLE Fliss. Your LUSCIOUS orange background is SUPER. Perfect sentiment for your scene! I'm smiling. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo gorgeous, love the zingy orange and aren't those texture stamps just brilliant too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is pretty magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook