If You Can by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone


I have a piece for you today made using another of the fabulous MDF pieces by That’s Crafty!, this time I have used the large MDF tag #10 which is 4.2ins x 8.4ins, a fabulous size to create your art on.






I know there’s loads of new Tim stamps around at the moment but I still think one of my favourite is the ‘Evolution’ set that he released last year and thought it deserved an ink up.


Here’s What I Did:


I started with the size #10 MDF tag and onto that I glued a variety of sizes of paper/card tags laying them in different directions. Then they were all given a coat of matte medium and left to dry. To colour my background I have used Distress Crayons, most of the brown shades, first randomly scribbled on and then blended using my fingers and a baby wipe till happy with the result. 

Next to add my stamping, as the surface is now irregular, due to all the tags, I stamped onto tissue paper first. I also wanted the words and his collar to stand out so I painted the reverse side of the tissue with white paint. You then tear out the image, I have found if you draw roughly around the image with a water brush it makes the tearing much easier and it tears where you put the water so a little more accurate. The tissue was then added to the tag using matte medium. I love how the texture of the tags comes through the image.





I then added to my background by adding some stencilling with paint, some of Tim’s washi tape and idea-ology.

The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of card and aged with Distress inks and then I covered it with 3 layers of clear embossing powder, melting each layer to build up the thickness. I then popped it into the freezer for 30 mins and then snapped the embossing to create the cracks which to highlight rubbed paint over it all and the wiped off leaving some in the cracks.




A few flicks of paint finish it off.



Here’s What I Used:


PaperArtsy Fresco Paint – Patina from Seth Apter Limited Edition #2 set and Snowflake
Tim Holtz Stamps – ‘Evolution’ and ‘Mini Motivation’
Tim Holtz Ruler Ribbon from my stash
Old Tape Measure strips from my stash
Design Tape from my stash


Have a fabulous week and I’ll see you in 2 weeks

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is a masterpiece Amanda, amazing technique with your layered tags and paper and so effective with the images on tissue paper. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those layers Amanda, it really does highlight texture when you overlay with tissue. Just love the size of these tags.. Fabulous make. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous! Love all those tag rings hovering within the image, and such cool colours and textures - absolutely in love with this one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook