Sunshiny Day by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


Hi there, this week I have a Spring card to share which came about after a certain song popped into my head due to the lovely sunny weather we’ve had over the last few days – can you guess which one?






Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Snowdrops, Harlequin Background
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Green Gold, Titanium White, Hansa Yellow Medium, Phthalo Green Yellow
Black Smooth Cardstock
Small Amount of Yellow and Dark Green Cardstock
White Square Card Blank
Stencil Brushes


Recipe:


I cut a piece of mixed media paper to fit my chosen card blank and chose to use the top end so that I could use the torn off end as part of my card – I love the texture this adds to the design.

I coloured the paper by adding drops of the green gold and yellow paints to my craft mat, misting with water until the paint ran, then dipping the paper in to pick up the paint until I was happy with the effect.


I next stamped on the script image from the texture stamp set with the fern green ink, stamping in a random fashion. I used the harlequin stencil to add random texture with the modelling paste. When it was dry I brushed on the 2 shades of green paint to add contrasting colour.





I cut a panel of black card a little larger then the snowdrop stencil and used a stencil brush to create my snowdrops using the green gold and white paints. I used a couple of coats to build up the colour. As you can see, the image really pops against the dark background. I trimmed the panel a little and added mats of dusty yellow and dark green (I actually used Distress cardstock as the colours are fabulous).

I assembled the card as seen in the photo, adding my chosen sticker to finish.


Have a great weekend and see you next week for some rather exciting happenings here at That’s Crafty! Blog, which we can’t wait to share!

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Love the bright background and wonderful design with the snowdrops dinky stencil xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stencil looks fabulous on that super background
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card with some luminous zesty goodness ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's charming, Fliss - a perfect springtime card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook