Discovering Wonder by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hi there, I have a little extra inspiration for our current Bright Challenge over at That’s Crafty! Challenge Blog in the form of a very bright tag featuring my favourite creature, the butterfly.










Ingredients:

That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets – Textures Sets 1 and 2, Lynne’s Affirmations Set 1
That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Flight of Butterflies, Grid Background
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints – Coral, Tango, Lilac
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Yellow Green Light, Primary Magenta, Cobalt Teal Hue
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sticker Books – Big Chat, Small Talk



Recipe:


I coloured the tag by applying the orange, pink and lilac paints to my craft mat, misted them with water and dipped the tag in. I then misted water directly on the tag and allowed the paints to run and mingle.

I then used the grid stencil to apply a pattern in 2 areas on the tag with white gesso. I followed this up with the butterfly stencil and the magenta paint.

I stamped the script over the grid pattern with the black ink and then decided it was too bold so I placed the stencil over the top and added pink, orange and green paint until I was happy with the effect.

I then stamped on some double circles, which ended up being slightly more wonky than intended – note to self, don’t do stamping when you can only see out of one eye!

I added my chosen stickers to the tag then stamped the butterflies on white card and painted them, drawing bodies in with a fine black pen, before cutting them out and gluing them to my tag.


Have a great weekend and see you next week.


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ooooh beautiful, just what's needed on a dull day too :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah love the colour! (not that I ever use much!) Wonderful design - have fallen in love with that grid stencil xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Fliss and I just adore the paint colours and the way you did the squares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous hot colours, great tag Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and beautiful tag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bright and beautiful tag Fliss! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook