Find a Way by Amanda Southern

11:00



Hi Everyone






For this week’s make I have a tag for you, I have used the fabulous Oxide inks and also some older stamps from my stash that I think deserved an inking again.



Here’s What I Did:


Taking a Ranger #8 manila tag I gave it the Distress Oxide treatment. Now these ink pads, it would appear, are taking the world by storm and I along with the rest of the world, I love them too. 

I first laid down a few colours on my craft sheet and misted with water before then picking the colour up dragging the tag through it. After every swoosh through the ink I then heat dried the colour before repeating the process, this allows the colours to build up on themselves, and the water gives them their wonderful oxide effect. I chose colours that gave a rusty look. I then used the oxides to add texture to the background by stamping with the inks over the background, again in the same colours that I had used for my background.






They just stamp so beautifully and leave a chalky colour.

I then stamped my main image, one of the fabulous Finnabair women, in black Archival in and added touches of colour to her using the oxides with a water brush and a little coloured pencil work. I then added some of Tim Holtz new design tape.

I then added my ribbon which I have coloured using the Oxide inks again, this time using the same technique as the tag and again drying the ink on the ribbon after each swoosh through the ink, I love how the colours again have laid on each giving a fabulous effect on the ribbon.







If you haven’t tried Distress Oxides yet you are missing out on a fabulous new product to play with.


What I Used:


Distress Oxides – Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio
Prima Finnabair Stamps – ‘Never Too Late’ and ‘Dirty Walls set’


Hope you like it, see you next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Yum yum yum.. from the background (ooh, stamping!) to the chalky seam binding - it's a treat.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Amanda... Love your oxide effects x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really gorgeous tag Amanda and fab use of those addictive oxides too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag Amanda, oxides create fabulous effects don't they. I do love that Finnabair stamp it's always seemed to have an air of mystery to me & she looks stunning amongst your background... Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tag and yes Oxides rule the world at the moment ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Amanda! Love the background! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! Thanks for sharing the oxide technique. I have just bought some of the new inks, so will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tag, adore the background and the stamp is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook