I’ll Never Be Rich!!! By Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone,

There are some new Carabelle Stamps that have just arrived at That’s Crafty! and of course I just had to have some of them. I love buying new stamps. Do I need them? No not really. Do I want them? Hell yes!!!!! Which is why I’ll never be rich, I know many of you can relate to this need. Even better than just buying them I have actually managed to ink some of them up and make something (that doesn’t always happen lol).







Here’s What I Did:


I started with some mixed media card and misted it with water before sprinkling on several colours of Lindy’s Stamp Gang pigment powders. Once I was happy with how the colours had run together I dried it with a heat gun to stop any more movement. I then stamped the flower heads with black Archival ink and then again on to a post it note which I cut out and laid on top to mask off each flower to allow me to cluster them together.





You can see all the flower heads are now masked off with cut out Post It Notes. After stamping them all I know want to add a darker colour around the flowers so I left the masks in place. I added a couple of shades of blue paint around them to tone down the background around the flowers which would also make them pop more from the card.






I blended the shades of paint around until I was happy with the blend and the Post It Note cut outs keep the paint off the stamped flower heads. Next was to add some background stamping so still the post it notes stayed in place.






Nearly time for the reveal, the Post It Notes are beginning to curl off now anyway and you can see the flower peeping out underneath. I did actually now remove them but then I realised that I needed to add more to the background, so popped them back on. I then added some texture paste through a stencil which I had coloured with acrylic paint, once that had dried I added some heat embossing in white. After that I did then remove the masks and threw them away. 






Here you can see some of the additional textures I added, and the sentiment that I have heat embossed in black.






The final stage was to add some doodling with a white paint pen or you could use a white gel pen. Then I mounted onto black card and an 8” x 8” card blank.


Here’s What I Used:


Carabelle Studio Stamps - Life is Pretty Awesome, All You Need is Love, Layered Strips & Punchanella Background
Embossing Powders – White & Black
White Posca Paint Pen or White Gel Pen
Card Blank
Post It Notes


Thanks and sorry it got to be quite a long post. See you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Fantastic tutorial with all my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous masking techniques and a wonderful design! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card Amanda. The colourful background is stunning and the flowers look so lovely against it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful and a great tutorial, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece of Artwork Amanda, love those vibrant colours.. I too am guilty of some of my stamps not even making it to the ink pad, it's a habit i'm trying to get out of. Thank you for sharing this magnificent piece.. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha very wise words accompanied by yet another out of this world card ;)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrumptious! Love the masking technique allowing the rainbow flowers to pop. And who needs riches when you have creativity and beauty like this?
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely ADORE this Amanda. It just drew me in like a magnet - the colors are GORGEOUS and the flowers are STUNNING. EYE CANDY to take me thru the day!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda, this piece is absolutely stunning. Thanks for the tips and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook