Monster Birthday by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

I have a birthday card for you this week and this one I have made is for one of the little people in my life, my youngest niece.







Here’s what I Did:


Starting with a piece of stamping card I stamped the small monster at the front of this group, I then masked it off with masking gum and stamped the 2 monsters that would be standing behind it. I then stamped the clouds and masked them off. All of this stamping was them masked off with the masking gum. To create the background I sectioned off sunbeam strips and coloured them with Distress inks moving from a darker shade in the centre to lighter towards the outside.

To give them some grounding I stencilled through a dots stencil with different shades of green distress inks.

I then removed all the masking gum and coloured the monsters using Prima water colours applying them with a waterbrush and a touch of coloured pencil.







I added my monster sentiment which is from my stash, then I matted it onto yellow card and an 8” x 8” card blank.

I then decided to add a little something to the inside of the card and stamped another little monster inside to finish it off.






What I Used:


PaperArtsy Stamp Sets - Elenazinski Art ZA01 and ZN05
Distress Inks - Yellows and Greens
Monster Sentiments from my stash
Yellow Card
Card Blank

Have a fabulous week

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Fabulous card Amanda ! You have got to love these little critters !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with the little monsters Amanda and I'm sure your niece loved it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah sooooo sweet, those little monsters always make me smile :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is a real cutie Amanda, I love these little critters too!! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Amanda! Such fun and beautifully executed. thanks for my Saturday smile! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice!
    Love the detail inside the card.

    Greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heheheheh - what a great way to start my week Amanda! I ADORE this card. Heheheh - totally smiling big!!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook