Phoenix Rising by Moira Sutton

11:00




Relics and Artifacts Facia Familiaris, Imperial Eggs and Chivalry
Prima Art Alchemy Acrylic Sparks Paints – Ginger Magic, Unicorn Hair
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Silver Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Cobalt Turquoise and Pthalo Turquoise


I have had a lot of fun making this art doll. It went through various styles and colours before her real spirit showed through. I’m calling her Phoenix as she is arising from the remnants of my old craft room before I move to my new home.

I glued the base and upright part of the Arch together and gave the whole thing a coat of Crackle Paste. 





I painted the upright with the DecoArt blues and green gold. I forgot to take a pic of this stage until the head and feathers were attached.






I painted the face using the Prima Sparks paints, the egg body, wings and “tail” were painted with the silver paint then highlighted with my finger dipped in liquid foil adhesive and the gold foil attached and burnished with a stiff brush.







Everything was then attached to my upright and wax used to add some distressing.

Moira 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow Moira! This is an absolute stunner, love all the gorgeous shimmer and it's such a clever idea too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh gorgeous, loving all the textures ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your phoenix is so beautiful with the gold foil, added- a fantastic shine!!
    So wonderful arisen from your remnants ,now resting on the great crackled upright, Moira !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design - love the treatment of the artifacts - wonderful!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wowzer piece!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see the mechanics and how everything is put together, love the colours you have used Moira and the foil and wax really brings it all to life!! Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook