Take Time To……… by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone


I have been creating again on one of the MDF substrates from That’s Crafty! and
again I have used the largest MDF tag.






Here’s what I did:


Starting with the large MDF tag I added texture paste through a section of the That’s Crafty! 8”x 8” clock stencil. When the paste was dry I began an experiment with Distress Oxides, I knew they worked well on dark card but wondered what they would look like added directly onto the MDF. I dragged some of the colours across my craft mat and spritzed with water, I then dragged the MDF through the Distress ink, dried with a heatgun and then dragged again and dried, this I repeated several times to build up the colour, and the oxidised effect. 

I then sanded back some of the texture paste to remove some of the colour. Over a darker surface I love how the oxidising stands out. I have added some Distress inks around the clock face to add some shade.






I have kept this quite simple in order to not cover up either the clock of the Distress Oxides and simply added a small bunch of flowers. The daisies were stamped and coloured with Distress Oxides using a water brush and fussy cut out and added to the tag.

I added the sentiment by stamping it out using a small alphabet stamp on some card that I had coloured with Distress Oxides and Distress Ink.


Here’s What I Used:


Distress Oxides – Vintage Photo, Walnut stain, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China
Distress Ink – Vintage photo, Walnut Stain
Sanding Block
Tiny alphabet stamp set from my stash


Hope you like it and I’ll see you next Tuesday

Love

Amanda X

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. This is stunning Amanda, it's as if those flowers were created for your beautiful background. What fab effects you've created with the Oxides love how you have built up that colour... Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Amanda - the background is just wonderful yet the flowers stand out beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, I love how the flowers gets new life with your stunning background !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning, a new favourite of mine of yours I think :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab vintagey style make Amanda. Those flowers really pop. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely ADORE this creation Amanda. It's PERFECT. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that background Amanda! Wonderful project! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook