Tim Holtz Tiny House by Nikki Acton

11:00






Hello! One of Tim Holtz’s new releases this year is the Tiny House’s Bigz die. This creation uses the larger of the two houses that the die cuts.


I cut my house out of greyboard to give it some stability. I also cut the same dies out of cardstock which I used to decorate it. The multi-coloured front uses PaperArtsy Fresco Acrylics in various colours applied with an old credit card – scraping over the surface to build up layers. For the sides and the roof I painted in blue (sorry I can’t remember what colour – might be Baltic Blue?). Once dry I stamped with a script stamp with black Archival ink and then added black paint lines randomly with the edge of a credit card and finally white paint splatters. (PaperArtsy Little Black Dress and Chalk).






The stars are painted in the same way as the sides and roof. I had some die cut stars on my desk but you could use any star dies (eg’s below) or cut out a stamped image of a star – just pick a size to fit. Once the paint of the stars was dry I added the little quotes from Tim Holtz metallic stickers and added Glossy Accents.






Before I assembled I ensured the edges of the greyboard base were the same colour blue. I took a small piece of wood (charity shop!) and used this as the base for the house. Once assembled Stickles glitter glue was added around the stars.


See you next week!

Nikki

Supplies


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I do love these little TH houses, you've made this look so solid Nikki by giving it a chunky base. Great use of colour.. these are so versatile.. another thing on my wish list. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is really lovely Nikki. Great colours and lovely details too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little house and love it on its stand, I got this die and haven't played yet
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing creation, I have this die and it's wonderful....who wouldn't want to make houses all day!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design and colour palette you got me wanting to create little houses again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Nikki. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really beautiful, but what is "greyboard"? i'm always scared my projects wouldn't be sturdy enough. my other question is: the rim of the houses on top look so narrow, is it easy to glue the roofs on? thanks for replying.
    nessie from scotland

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook