Under the Sea by Helen Chilton

11:00


I'm delighted to be here as a Guest Designer on the blog showcasing Donna's lovely new stamps for That's Crafty! 







I've decorated an upright in Under the Sea colours as a background for the mermaid and jellyfish. I love the fact that you can curl the tail to add movement.






While the mermaid is stamped on card, the jelly fish is stamped on acetate, painted and then Mirror Misted on the back to add a bit of shimmer.






To create the waves I've scraped Pentart Crackle Medium over the curls of hair on the 8x8 Tina stencil and boy, does it crackle! Anyone who knows me appreciates that I don't always have great success with crackle, but this one is great! Love it! You can then rub paint over it and into the cracks.







I've finished the project off with some clay embellishments and a mirrored starfish at the base. Oh, and I splattered some white paint to pull it altogether - apron recommended!


Supplies Used

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. WOW WOW WOW!!! Absolutely stunning Helen, I can't stop admiring it !!
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background Helen, I love the crackle overlay, clever idea to use Tina to create those waves.. Marina looks very much at home in the environment you have created for her.. Super make.. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sure it was an octopus :-) so clever to use the hair from Tina - love your crackle and sea life !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Helen! This is so lovely, amazing texture and love how you created the waves.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Helen you have certainly showcased Donna's stamps fabulously with this make.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It could be an octopus, couldn't it? Maybe I'll use it for that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WONDERFUL! SPLENDID Texture and SUPER creativity! Xj.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook