Funky Flowers by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

If you are regular followers of this blog you will have already seen posts from other members of the design team using many of the new That’s Crafty! products that launched on Hochanda TV last Friday. You can currently still catch the 2 shows aired last Friday using the Rewind facility on Hochanda’s website, 
and

That’s Crafty! have launched a fabulous range of grey board products and the Gigantags in MDF and grey/whiteboard. My make for you this weeks uses the MDF Gigantag and the greyboard Funky Flowers.






These GiganTAGS are just that, Gigantic!!!! Measuring 7.5” x 15”, see I told you they were huge.


Here’s What I Did:


The first thing I did was cover the MDF tag with a light coating of gesso, That’s Crafty! also have just launched their own gesso in black and white, this started with a coat of white gesso. 

I then wanted to create quite a funky background to work with the feel of the funky flowers so created a marble swirled paint effect background. 

I started by pouring cheap bottled water based paint (I think they are kids ones) in large pools onto the tag. You would normally do this pouring technique with acrylic fluid paints and pouring mediums but this was just me experimenting. The water based paint has a very dull finish so to add some sparkle I poured in some of the new shimmer paint in purple again launched last Friday by That’s Crafty! This paint has a wonderful shimmer finish which sadly the photo doesn’t show up. The paints have all been swirled together using a cocktail stick and then left to dry, the drying took 3 days.






Hopefully you can see the purple shimmer better here before I covered it up.

I then painted a selection of the funky flower shapes, including the waste parts which I painted in contrasting colours, the stems were coloured black and white which adds to the funky look I think. 

I added one of the greyboard butterflies that I also gave my paint swirl treatment. I added a sentiment to my tag which is from Lynne’s Affirmations Set 2, stamped each word cut out and added to the tag.


Here’s What I Used:


Coloured paints from my stash
Cocktail Stick


I hope you liked it and that you’ll check out the rest of the new launches on the website, there are some fabulous new things that you’ll not be able to live without!!

Until next time

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Wow just look at the movement of that paint, just like marbling.. Fabulous use for the background Amanda making those Funky Flowers and Butterfly pop off the board. Very creative make.. I love it.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amanda, your background is totally fantastic ,what a wonderful experiment ,and the big happy bold flowers looks so amazing there, they really have a beautiful time, with their feet grounded to the earth :-)
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make! Loving that background... Will have to try! Maybe in this heat it will dry a little quicker! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeously colourful tag Amanda and your swirly, marbled background looks amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag really was amazing, another creation I had the pleasure to see in real life and it was a complete jaw dropper :)
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big WOW from me. I love the marbling technique but never tried it this way. So bright and cheerful. And didn't they just love it on the show. A fab make. Much love. Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really gorgeous piece Amanda 💕

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda,
    The marbling technique was an inspired choice - a stunning project which certainly has the WOW factor!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook