Funky Flower Jug by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hi there, I have another very bright creation to share this week featuring one of the fabulous new GiganTAGs that had their debut on Hochanda recently.







Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Surfaces - Bits and Pieces Greyboard Embellishments – Large Funky Flowers 2, Small Funky Flowers 1
That’s Crafty! Shimmer Paint – Turquoise, Dark Blue
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paints – Yellow Green Light, Pyrrole Orange, Pyrrole Red, Hansa Yellow Medium, Cobalt Teal Hue, Ultramarine Blue, Cobalt Blue Hue


Recipe:


First paint the tag by applying dots of the deep blue paints and the Dark Blue shimmer paint and spreading the colour with a brayer, repeating until the surface is covered. The end result will be a shimmering mottled effect, which is rather striking.


Once the paint had dried, I then used the dotty stamp to stamp a pattern around the edges with the silver ink.






I next made the jug I wanted to put the flowers in. It’s based on the Mexican jug I display flowers in on my kitchen windowsill which is a gorgeous bright turquoise and perfect for my current favourite – Alstroemerias. I drew a simple jug shape on mixed media paper and cut the shape out. I then spread on a layer of texture paste as I wanted a worn, earthenware look. I left this to dry for a while.

I painted the jug with the cobalt teal hue fluid acrylic and once the paint was dry, brushed Turquoise shimmer paint over the top, following this with dry brushed streaks of Copper metallic paint. I also rubbed copper around the edges to give the jug some shape.







I chose the flowers I wanted to display in my jug and painted these with the bright DecoArt fluid acrylics, choosing to paint the inner sections, which you can also remove if you want to, in contrasting colours.

I cut a slit at the top of my jug and then glued it to the tag with silicone glue. I tucked the stalks and sprigs into the jug, again gluing with silicone glue. I glued on the flower heads to finish.


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I LOVE this one, has the real wow factor to it,stunning make
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a dazzling array of colour Fliss, what a great idea using those funky flowers in such a way... It almost makes me want to pick them. Thank you for sharing & I hope you find some me time over the weekend..
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and beautiful, I love, love, love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous idea Fliss and beautifully put together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh a jug of colour, great make Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super tag Fliss. So bright and cheerful.
    Much love, Bev. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Fliss, so love your jug, and the texture you created, really makes it look like old earthenware . So striking on the blue, blue background sky , with the summer bouquet . Another very happy creation. Wishing you, a wonderful weekend, too. Dorthe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook