Zinski Cat Card by Nikki Acton

11:00







Hi everyone. I treated myself recently to a couple of the new PaperArtsy Zinski Mini stamps. I don’t normally do cute but I couldn’t resist the little cat and dog stamps.

I started this card with a painted background using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – randomly painted in blues and greens (colours below). I added some stencilling with Tim Holtz Splotches layering stencil and That’s Crafty! Circles Dinky stencil and some random background stamping. No great plan here just building up a background.

I stamped (black Archival) the cat over the painted surface and then coloured in with markers. As I was working on top of a green background my colours are a little muted – next time I might paint him or fussy cut to get a little more impact and colour.

I added a little Tim Holtz Design tape and some random doodling with Posca Pens. The circles and Happy Birthday are from Emma Godfreys Birthday stamp set (EEG18).


Nikki


Supplies


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, Blue Green Light, Hansa Yellow
Posca Markers – Black and White
Distress Markers or similar

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. SWEET! Love the cat image (of course!)! Your painted background with the doodling is a fantastic way to show off this cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful background Nikki, with all the layers of stamps and stencils , and love your doodling. Also great with the T.H. Tape to give the crazy cat ground under his feet :-) . Love your coloring!! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Nikki, a really lovely background and the quirky puss is too cute!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a bit of cute does you good, great card
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Nikki. That cat's dodgy, tried to jump into my basket lol. Fab piece and the background is great.
    Much love, Bev. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a cutie Nikki, I've had to resist the purchase too!! So many captions that could be used with that stamp.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Like the colours and the background! And the cat is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikki what a lovely birthday card. I just love that cat image. He is looking so naughty. Lovely background you created.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica
    Spain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love that background - the paint layers are just wonderful. And I can see why you couldn't resist him...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah he is a cutie that's for sure, wonderful background too ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Zinski cat is just adorable and I LOVE your painty background Nikki! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook