Frida Pop Art by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone


I have a Pop Art meets Distress Oxides piece for you this week, and I have also used another of the new, to That’s Crafty!, Carmen’s Veranda stamps.







Here’s what I did:


I started by cutting 4 pieces of white mixed media card to all the same size. I then positioned the card and the stamp on to the Stamping Platform, using the Stamping Platform ensures that you get the stamp in exactly the same place on each of the four stamping of it. Before I stamped on each piece of card I coloured each one with a different colour of Distress Oxide ink. Patting the ink pad onto my craft mat and spritzing with water than picking up the colour with the card drying the card with a heat gun after each pick up of the colour, layering the colour up.

I then, one after the other, added the coloured card to the Stamping Platform and stamped the image with a co-ordinating Distress Oxide colour, I just love the chalky finish when you just stamp with the Oxides. Once all 4 were stamped I then added, using from the same colour palette, a little colour to her eye brows and lips and finally a white highlight to her eyes.

I mounted all 4 onto a piece of black cardstock and added the stamped sentiment.
I then added it to a card blank.


Here’s what I used:


Mixed Media Card
Card Blank

Thanks and I’ll see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Frida looks marvellous in multi colour. Your design looks seamless I would never have known you used 4 separate pieces of card very clever. I love that chalky look that you get when stamping with the Distress Oxides & those extra touches of colour on the lips & eyes really do make it a true pop art piece. I Love it.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Amanda, I love the way you used Frida, and maked-up her face with the wonderful Oxides . They are amazing tones you brought together, and makes a stunning whole, with the coordinating colors used for the stamp !!! Just wonderful !! Hugs, Dorthe , xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Frida pop art Amanda. Just love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea Amanda. You are provided a stamping platform masterclass at the moment. Wonderful design, perfectly executed. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always in love with your pop art makes and this is no exception, fab!!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pop art colour combinations - Frida looks great in all of them!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, I love this, you absolutely captured a Pop Art vibe to this creation, stunning stamping and colouring.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook