Mwahahahaaa by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone


Halloween is creeping up on us and I love that we can make spooky, creepy makes especially as there are so many fabulous new creepy products to play with. I have a wall hanging for you this week that uses some of the stuff released for this year’s Halloween makes.







Here’s What I Did:


I have made my piece on one of That’s Crafty! MDF Pieces, this one is the 4.5” x 9” a perfect size for a wall hanging. To make the background colour I worked on a piece of black card with Distress Oxides picking up the water misted colours from my craft mat. I love that on black card they look even more chalky and that you don’t lose the colour even though they are on black. I die cut, from the background, 3 of the claw mark dies (you have 7 to choose from in the set). Where the claw marks were cut I painted the MDF with red paint and then dulled it down a little by rubbing over a little black ink. From black card, I also die cut the cobweb die. I then glued the background card onto the MDF with That’s Crafty! glue. Once dried I then trimmed the card from around the MDF. I then glued on the webs and trimmed then to fit. I darkened around the edges of the background using black archival ink with a round blending tool.

With the background done on the MDF I started on the characters. I stamped the Elenazinski creatures with Memento black ink as I coloured them with alcohol markers, I used Copics but there are many similar markers. I wanted them to form part of each of the letters of the word FEAR which I had cut out in white card on my Cameo Silhouette. Each letter was then coloured with Twisted Citron Distress Oxide and Black Soot Oxide and I went around them all with a black Sharpie pen as I don’t like a white edge.  I splashed red ink onto them as blood splatters. I then glued each character to a letter and added them to the hanging using 3D glue gel for some dimension. I then stamped and heat embossed in red, mwahahahaaa from the same set, onto the hanging to finish it off.



here you can see the claw marks die


and here the web die




Here’s What I Used:


Distress Oxides – Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, Candied Apple, Peeled Paint, Black Soot
Memento Ink Pad (use with alcohol markers)
Alcohol Markers (I used Copics)
Die Cutting Machine
Tim Holtz Dies – Claw Marks & Cobweb
Anti-Static Bag
Black Sharpie Pen or similar marker
White Card for die cutting
Die Cut letters using Silhouette Cameo


Have a fabulous week

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Oooooh delightfully spooky, what great little characters
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this. Fab spooky characters and you have coloured them so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Amanda, I LOVE these stamps. You've created a cracking background with it's slashes & cobwebs, a splendid way to showcase them.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesomely creepy creation Amanda. So much wonderful detail and colour and love the characters on the letters, a really great idea.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant creation... Love how you have used the Zinski monsters... The claw marks and letters are a fab composition. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little monsters are truly creepy ,lol- another kind of the "spirit in the bottle " Amanda :-) wonderful creation.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous spooky work with those brilliant new Zinskis, and the blood red claw marks make a fantastic background - I love this!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great fun and love that the Zinskis form the word Fear, that is just so clever!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook