Flutter Your Wings by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


Can you imagine it is soon March and if we are lucky it will be a mild
and lovely March, with spring around the corner !!

That inspired me to create this panel, using one of the white/greyboard panels,
which was first run over with thinned gesso and after with Red Shimmer paint
mixed with White. After it dried, the wonderful crackle stencil was used, adding a pattern
on the upper part of the panel. 




I used Texture Paste and after dried - which happens very fast, I sprayed with
Infusions - a very thinned Sleight Blue and thinned Walnut ink, sprayed on.




I chose some of the lovely Bits and Pieces greyboard butterflies
and painted them, also with the same pink as the background.
When dry, I stamped the butterfly stamp, onto them all and added
details myself with a brown Sharpie. I left it to dry, before adding the 
Gloss Gel Medium, to them all - you can see the shine here.




I also chose a flower and painted it with the same colours of pink, white and brown
and two of Lynne's Affirmations were mixed to have the one fitting here. :-)




I used paper scraps to stamp on and stamped and outlined with Archival Ink.
Some paper and lace scraps laying on my table were sprayed with the Walnut 
Crystal ink and adhered to the button panel. Butterflies were adhered, with half rusted wire, to form antennas and a wire was also turned around the flower stem. To be able hanging it, I made two holes, with the Crop-A-Dile and added both a wire and a piece of Sari Silk, turned around each other !!

I hope this also left a tiny feeling of Spring to you, thank you for looking
dear friends, I appreciate your visits, so much !!

Hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used:

From my own stash: Lace remnants, paper scraps, rusted wire, Sari silk

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Really beautiful piece Dorthe! Outside it keeps snowing and snowing - Thank you for bringing me some spring feelings💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melina, thank you , here it snowed aLL day, too - so beautiful, but wish it could have been January, it came :-) Hugs to you ,dear. xxxxx

      Delete
  3. This is a pure delight sweet Dorthe, I love the beautiful pink hues of it and it’s already making me yearn for Spring although it’s freezing today out there!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is here too, sweet Donna- I just saw Fred with his cold paws , in your icy world, lol- thank you for your kind words, my friend.
      Hugs, Dorthe, xxxx

      Delete
  4. The beautiful pink hues and textures - all is so beautiful - a delightful hanger Dorthe! Brings soft spring feelings to the viewers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susi , it is so needed here with your spring feelings, while the snow is laying high :-) thank you for your kind words !!
      Hugs, Dorthe- xx

      Delete
  5. This is so Pretty in Pink and I am looking forward to NO more Winter. Butterflies are the bearers of 10,000 Happinesses. Lovely Dorthe Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sherry, you always say it so poetically, thank you dear friend- -
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  6. A beautiful display Dorthe, with the pinks and browns adding an element of vintage. A real depth of texture here with the 3D Gloss Gel intensifying your focal area.
    Spring will be welcomed with open arms when it arrives for sure.
    Creative hugs and wishes Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tracey, thank you much lovely friend, so happy you like it, -and yes spring will be sooooooo good to welcome from a longing heart !!

      Big hugs back to you, my friend- Dorthe- xx

      Delete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Dorthe. Just love the pretty pink with brown, a lovely vintage look and your butterflies are so beautiful against that shabby chic background.
    Could do with Spring here as unusually for the South UK coast, it's snowing!
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fliss, thank you very much, I love vintage , and it was lovely creating this in the middle of snow, falling heavily from the sky- yes it seems Europe are invaded by snow this year -
      Hugs from Dorthe- xxx

      Delete
  8. Sweet Dorthe! This is Amazing!! Each step and element so beautiful placed! I love this palette! Bravo!
    Jackie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear sweet Jackie , thank you from my heart - my friend-
      Hugs to you- xoxo
      Dorthe

      Delete
  9. Soo lovely dear Dorthe! And does bring the 'hope' of Spring to this snowy wonderland I'm living in : ) I always love to see your creativity with texture; it is beautiful and inspiring~~ Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delightful piece, Dorthe. Lets hope that Spring is on the way. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dorthe!
    Thanks most sincerely for the lovely comment you left on ~ My little old world ~, I sincerely appreciate it, and given you've such a beautiful blog, I'm going to follow you with much joy!

    In the hope that you'll follow me in turn,
    I'm sending my dearest hug to you

    XOXO Daniela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook