Art in Monochrome by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello, it's Fliss here today with a rather bold monochromatic piece of artwork to share because I don't know about you, but I really like the striking look you can achieve by simply using black and white, especially if you combine it with plenty of texture as I have done here.

The texture on here comes from heat embossing in various ways and the first thing I did was to cover my mdf panel with a good coat of black multi surface paint. As the paint is quite rich and creamy, one coat is usually all that's needed to cover the surface.

I then used the sequin waste texture stamp with black pigment ink to stamp all the way down the right side of the panel. You can see where you've stamped as the multi surface paint is matte when dry and the ink has a bit of shine to it. Once it was all stamped up, I sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set it with my heat gun. This gives some lovely texture with a hint of gloss from the embossed areas.


I next cut a panel of white stamping card to fit on the left side of the panel and stamped on my flourish design with black pigment ink, stamping by twisting the image as I went and adding sections going off the sides until the panel was covered. I heat embossed the flourishes with clear embossing powder. I trimmed the panel slightly and glued it onto the black background.

I took my chosen floral image and stamped this onto the matching white/greyboard shape with black pigment ink, heat embossing as before. You'll notice in my photo that the floral image looks cream, but this is just a trick of the light as my camera struggled a bit and it really is white!

I stamped my chosen text on a scrap of white stamping paper with black ink, adding a black mat and glued this to the background with my 3D flower to finish.


Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Fanciful Flowers Sets 1 and 2
That's Crafty! White/Greyboard Matches - Fanciful Flowers Set 2
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Textures Collection Set 4
That's Crafty! Black Multi Surface Paint
That's Crafty! Surfaces - 4.5 x 9in MDF Panel
White Stamping Paper
Black Pigment Ink - I used VersaFine Onyx Black
Clear Embossing Powder
Scrap of Black Card


Well, I hope you like the monochrome effect as much as I do as I really love the punch the bold colours at the opposite ends of light and dark give to your artwork.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I have to agree Fliss, Black and white always oozes elegance and this is no exception. Love the effect that embossing powder gives on larger areas. Your Flower looks amazing.
    Wishing you a super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fliss, truly elegant, and so beautiful.
    I love to see how you added texture, and also shine to the black half, and your flower and leaves stands wonderful against both white and balak-
    I love it, too !!
    Hugs from me, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and sophisticated, love the sequin waste added texture.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an elegant creation Fliss which shows off your stamps to perfection
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook