Leaves Grow Old: An Upright by Lynne Moncrieff

11:00


Hello
Today I am sharing an Upright, a substrate which I always return to. This project also features one of the 8"x8" stencils, which I used with That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste, a lovely paste to work with.

Note: The focal on this Upright is a PaperArtsy ELB stamp which I have since discovered, this particular set is now not available at That's Crafty! However, click HERE for ELB substitutes.




Supplies

That's Crafty! Crafty Surfaces MDF Upright Jagged Edge
That's Crafty! 8"x8" Stencil - Flower Border - TC8020
That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste
Ranger Archival Ink Potting Soil
PaperArtsy Eclectica EAB Alison Bomber EAB04
That's Crafty! Multi-Surface Metallic Antique Gold Paint
Gesso
Gel Medium
Palette Knife (selection available HERE)
Extras: Eco dyed paper twine, beeswax, Melt Pot, twig, eco stained papers, rusted washer


Instructions

My preference, apply Gesso to the Upright before randomly stenciling the Flower Border with Light Texture Paste. I like to use this stencil partially but obviously, it comes into its own used in the full glory of 8"x8", as a border/frame.

After the paste had dried, I then randomly stamped the PaperArtsy Eclectica EAB stamp with Potting Soil ink and smudged some ink to highlight the relief of the stenciled flowers.


For the focal, onto eco dyed Abaca Tissue, I stamped a PaperArtsy Eclectica ELB leaf and then, dipped it into melted beeswax, curling the edges just before it hardened and then buffing with a soft cloth.  To edges, with fingertips, I applied the beautiful Antique Gold paint.

Onto a fragment of eco dyed paper, I think this was Rice Paper, I stamped words from one of the EAB stamps, adhering to the stamped focal, simply embellishing with a rusted washer.


For the base, also stamped and simply trimmed the front edge of the Upright base with a twig, which is wrapped with eco dyed paper twine.

Final touches to the project, I hand-stitched with brown thread, the lower right corner of the beeswax focal and a lovely fragment of rusted paper.


Thank you for your visit today.

Wishes
Lynne

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Dear Lynne, it is absolutely, to make my heart beat extra- so very stunning, so filled with the sense of nature, when it is most beautiful, already fading a bit and in golden hues !! Your art takes me, around my heart . Fabulous from top to base , dear friend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful texture and detail Lynne and love the twine wrapping too, a perfect finishing touch.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stencilled areas show so much depth on your upright Lynne, the stamped words really compliment your rice paper embellishment and all beautifully wrapped with twine. Another magnificent display.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW - this is so WONDERFUL Lynne. The colors, the texture, the layout... PERFECT. And the twig/twine adds the "piece de resistance". I don't always leave comments but I am always watching and this is one of my favorites of yours... EYE CANDY for me! Thank you for great inspiration to start the week. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this Lynne, you really bring all the natural elements to life in your creations
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathtaking piece by Lynne!
    I do wish we had a retailer here in the states for That's Crafty products!!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is balm for my soul Lynne. Like golden nectar. Love! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook