Leni the Llama by Donna Gray

11:00

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today and I'm absolutely thrilled to have been able to have a play with some brand new stamps from a brand new designer for That's Crafty!......the lovely and wonderfully talented Magda Polakow...how cool is that?! She has designed 4 stamp sets and for today I'm using Leni the Llama on an MDF round.



What I Did:

I used the smallest MDF round for this and I must say I have a new addiction now after using it....be prepared to see far more of them!! I coated it in a shade of blue That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint and because it covers everything you don't really need a coat of Gesso first.

When that was dry I then applied some beautiful Orange Multi Surface Paint with my fingers, messy but fun! I wanted to achieve a warm background to compliment the theme of the stamps.

I added some interest to the background with one of my hand carved stamps, a little bit of doodling and I stamped the banner from the Leni set directly onto the background and coloured it in with some Posca pens.

Leni, the Cacti and the 'road' were stamped directly onto Strathmore Mixed Media Paper with black Archival ink and then coloured in with a mixture of Mermaid Markers which were diluted with a water brush.

I then fussy cut the stamped images out and adhered them to the MDF round, trimming anything that overhung the circular shape.

The finishing touches were to add a Tim Holtz metallic sticker and add some Bakers Twine for hanging it with the pre drilled holes.

I just adore Leni the Llama, isn't he just the sweetest creature you've ever seen ;)

Supplies Used:

That's Crafty! Surfaces - MDF Rounds
That's Crafty! - Multi Surface Paints
Jane Davenport - Mermaid Markers
Tim Holtz - Metallic Stickers

Hope you like it
Donna xx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh sweet Donna, you made the most wonderful and cute use of this new lama girl- and gorgeous background with your stamps and doodling- I love the coloration, of everything, and especially Leni, so beautiful, dear friend.
    Hugs to you, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous Donna. Leni is so cute and the little scene that you've created is absolutely fabulous.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scene you have created for Leni, a fabulous fun walk hanging
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous character Leni is and I love those intense colours of your fun project. Reminds me of a pottery plate hanging. This is so your style Donna such a fun scene.
    Hugs and Sunshine Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Sue, and I'm in love with a llama... Gorgeous piece Donna, definitely you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook