Wings of your Heart by Dorthe Hansen

11:00

This weeks post showing another round surface, as I quite like 
working on these new Rounds!

It was first painted with gesso and when dry, I used the Mandala stencil to add texture to the surface.
Also the heart and wings was stenciled, using the Heart and Roses stencil and texture paste.


While drying I stamped two of the flowers from Fliss`s stamp set 1, onto craft paper,
after having sprayed with the new Rose spray (coming soon!) and the Brown paint,
diluted with water. I used Distress Ink, Gathered Twigs. 
The panel was sprayed with the two sprays as well.


From two of Lynne`s Affirmations set I found the words:
Wings of your Heart, and stamped, using the same paper and ink.
They were cut out in pieces. Lace was sprayed with the same tones
and when dry adhered to middle panel with the heart on top and wings
on both sides. The flowers were cut on an inner drawing line, to fit the size
of panel and adhered together with the words.


Lastly I thought that Heart and Wings needed a little more significance so with my finger
I added the Distress ink carefully to both to highlight hearts and flowers.
A sari silk piece also toned was put into the holes to hang the panel.

So this finishes it all, well I doodled some white dots onto both flowers. :-) 

Sending you all
hugs and love
Dorthe 

Materials used
My own stash, delivered my loved lace, lol and the sari silk

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. This is such a beauty Dorthe, I love the textures xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sue , so kind of you -
      Hugs, xx

      Delete
  2. Hearts and Angel’s Wings are so Timeless. You have created a beautiful set with so much texture and detail Dorthe Dear. Lovely! <3> <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear Sherry, so sweet of you to visit, in the middle of everything -
      sending you hugs - xx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful piece Dorthe, with so much gorgeous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Dorthe. Really love the textures on the background and the wings and heart look wonderful. You've made my flowers look so gorgeous too in the pink and brown with the white dot pattern. I absolutely love this beauty.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Fliss, so love to play with your lovely flowers, and think they were perfect for this creation- thank`s for your kindest comment, my friend.
      Hugs - xxx

      Delete
  5. Oh Dorthe this is another winning colour combination. You've brought out all that wonderful stencil detail on your background, heart and wings. The flowers are a sweet addition to your hanging circle and it would not be the same without lace and a touch of sari silk. Most beautiful.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, from my heart dear Tracey, you have always lovely words, and support for me- you are such a lovely friend-
      Hugs, xxx and smiles

      Delete
  6. Amazing piece of art sweetest Dorthe, I love your colour palette you’ve used here as it’s so feminine and calm. You make the most tactile art
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Donna- thank you sweet friend, I am happy about your thoughts, as that is how I see it myself- feminine and calm - big hugs to you, xxx

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh dear Dothe! This is just so beautiful! You always coem up with the most brilliant and unique pieces! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Susi, thank you for your loving words, you are so sweet- Big hugs to you.

      Delete
  8. Definitely hit a chord in my heart ... love it all and the colors meld together just beautifully.

    Happy (he)art-ing!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Sue, so much, happy you love it , and feel a connection-
      Hope you are happy (he)art-ing yourslef - :-) xo

      Delete
  9. A wonderful textured panel and the hearts are so pretty. This is such a warm piece full of love.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook