Quotes and Journals by Nikki Acton

00:00






Last week I showed one of the large (A4) white/greyboard journal pages I had made. Today I am using the small versions – both were launched on Hochanda last week. These small pages are 5x3 inches.

I put 2 pages together – to make the front and back of a journal (when you add the ring binders) and added DecoArt Fluid acrylics in patches on the whiteboard side. (Cadmium Red, Cadmium Orange, Hansa Yellow and Blue/Green Light). I added some black with a credit card and adhered some book page scraps which I toned down with watered down colours. It was all still a bit too bright – so I dry brushed a little white paint randomly over the surface too.


Next I stencilled using That’s Crafty! Dinky stencils. I used Archival ink for the harlequins and raindrops and white paint for the circles (Bubbly All Over stencil). I stamped a couple of quotes from the new Inspirational Quotes stamp sets and cut out the phrases to fit. 

Finally I added white and black doodles around the edges of the boards and words.







See you next week!

Nikki

Supplies


That’s Crafty! Dinky Stencils – Harlequin, Bubbly all Over, Raindrops
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics –Hansa Yellow, Cadmium Red Hue, Cadmium Orange Hue, Blue Green Light
Credit Card
Old Book Pages

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love this...fun size for quotes and your colors are gorgeeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and stencilling Nikki and I love the white doodling! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white doodling too, gorgeous creation
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab Nikki, love the bright background for the quotes and the white doodling is the perfect finishing touch.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bold pages, really dynamic!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow bold and bright, right up my street, fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook