Daylight Dreams by Donna Gray

11:00


Hi everyone,

Donna here today with a tag using all my own stamps and those lush Oxides of course.






What to do:


Take a size 8 manila tag and swoosh through some Oxides smeared on the craft mat and spritzed with water. Keep going until you achieve the effect you want, dry thoroughly between the layers.

As the weather has been, shall we say, a little Autumnal here in the UK when it’s supposed to be the height of Summer, I was in the mood for stamping a toadstool but I didn’t have one.

That’s why I love stamp carving so much because if you don’t have a certain type of stamp in your collection then get carving!! As long as you take your time over it then anything is possible. Here’s the toadstool I ended up carving for the tag.







I thought I’d then mix up my carved toadstool with my little bird designed for Rubber Dance and the butterfly and leaf designed for That’s Crafty! Stamp everything with black Archival ink and then proceed to colour in with undiluted Distress Markers for stronger saturated colours.

Add a bit of doodling with a black fine liner pen and my favourite white Posca pen, which I use on everything!

Finish off with a couple of sentiments from the Clippings Book, another thing I absolutely adore.

Yes the tag does have an Autumnal feel but hey hopefully that will encourage the sun to come back out then!!


Supplies Used:


That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets - Quirky Girls - Beki (for the butterfly) and Penny (for the leaf)
Speedball Speedy Carve Block (to carve your own toadstool)


Hope you like it

Donna x

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Really love this Donna and it's wonderfully Autumnal in style and colour (love those as I'm an Autumn born girl). Love your toadstool too and I think you should do some stamp designs - hint, hint.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful tag, Donna - the sunshine colours have a wonderful warmth, and your carved toadstool is amazing.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The queen of carving strikes again fabulous toadstool making a great tag.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful tag is this ! And the stamp is AMAZING - so fussy - you are superb in carving such delicate details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combo! Your amazing handcarved stamps, TC and RD stamps! Love the little bird, he is awesome. Great design Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your hand carved stamps Donna and your toadstool works so well with the TC & RD stamp sets. Those yellow hues on your background give your tag a very mellow feel. I do so love Autumn. Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous tag! I really need to try carving stamps, looks fun - and your toadstool is so cool!!! Love how you have combined that with the "real" stamps you have designed. The white highlights are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just lovely. I do love your carved toadstool it fabulous. Great background too. Super tag.
    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, so sorry I`m late !! I can`t believe you carved the stamp yourself,- it looks so professional -fantastic , and sweet, must have taken ages . And your tag is all together wonderful, with the cute bird, studying the lovely butterflies swirling around him. Love your background, and grasses- and as I said before, the great effect your white doodling is making !! Hugs, Dorthe- xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super colours Donna and your hand carved stamp is simply gorgeous. .....one for the production line !
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Donna, what amazing stamp carving! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cheerful tag the sun is sure to shine soon! I obviously need to practice my stamp carving skills as mine turn out nothing like as sharp as yours! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook