Don’t Be Afraid by Amanda Southern

11:00


Hi Everyone

Time has been against me this week so I have quite a quick card for you this week.







Here’s What I Did:


I started with a piece of mixed media card and a selection of colours of Distress Oxides, the colours are all from the first 12 colour release. I wanted a multi coloured background, so chose a selection of colours of the Oxides and randomly patted the ink pads onto my craft mat and then spritzed with water, into all that I swooshed through the piece of mixed media card, with each pick up of colour I dried it with a heat gun before picking up even more colour. I cut a piece to a size for me card, from the remainder of the card I stamped the feathers and cut out. I highlighted parts of the feathers with a white Posca pen.

Onto the background I added some circle stamping using the Oxides and lightly spritzed the stamping to soften the look. 






Next I stamped around the outside of the background and added further stamping detail to 2 of the corners. I glued on the feathers and then stamped on my sentiment which is from one of the That’s Crafty! stamp sets. Mounted on black card and added to a card blank.


Here’s What I used:


Mixed Media Card
Distress Oxides (colours from the original 12)
Carabelle Studio Stamps – Mini Textures, Scribbled Feather (both designed by Birgit Koopsen)


Thanks, and I’ll see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Even your quick cards are beyond yumminess, gorgeous background once again
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does not look quick to me Amanda, but so amazing and with lots of wonderful details .
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Amanda and doesn't actually look quick either! Wonderful background for those lovely feathers too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh loving that background and the colours used. The feathers look great against it too. Smashing.
    Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This background is amazing Amanda, I love the effect created by your second pick up of colour. So clever to create such a stunning card in a short amount of time. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with a quick make when it's this fabulous! I love those background colours and the funky black stamped frame. Lovely feathers and words too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook