I Had a Lovely Time by Donna Gray

11:00


Hi everyone,

Donna here today using one of the quirky new Rubber Moon stamps that are now in the shop and a couple of my new star stamps too.






What I did:


Using the smallest Gelli plate, I pulled a print using Fresco paints, which were applied with a brayer on a size 8 manila tag. I loved that it gave the illusion of really old peeled paint….it’s a complete surprise what you get!

Next I drew some diagonal lines, which I then coloured with a black and red Posca pen. I stamped the Rubber Moon image with black Archival ink on top of this so as to ‘ground’ him.

As he looks like he’s reaching up for something I decided to use a couple of my new star stamps to give a starry background. They’re Christmas themed stamps in 2 sets and should be on the website soon.

I then coloured all the stamped images with some of the Jane Davenport pencils and added a bit of doodling with a black fine liner pen and a white Posca pen.

I added a Sari ribbon to the tag (thanks teamie Lynne for that idea) and added some of the wonderful Tim Holtz clippings sentiments.

Ah yes…a quirky tag…my favourite ;)


Supplies Used:


That’s Crafty! clear stamps – Christmas sets 1 and 2 (available 18/08/2017!)
  

Hope you like it

Donna x

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Live the Grunge feel to this, perfect for that image
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you pair your quotes with the composition Donna .. another quirky classic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great make. Loving that background. Sure suites that little fella. Love it.
    Love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, your background is gorgeous, with the look you achieved , Donna,- Your little reindeer-man pops out wonderfully, with your white doodling, he surely reaches for your Christmas stars , so sweet in green and red, hoping for a ride very soon :-) Love how you make me tell stories in my head - I can see him on the sleigh with gifts and Christmas tree ,lol. Xxx Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Donna, gorgeous grungy background for the quirky image and the stars complement him perfectly.
    Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the grunge feel you achieved here - this is so special and unique! A wonderful tag Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant Donna, I love the stars and the grungy background xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tag! Great background and wonderful stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background Donna aged in look, the rubber moon stamp brings an element of Christmas amongst those stars. Super little make xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Sunny's stamps and extra love what you did using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab tag Donna - that quirky character is fun x :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - that background is truly gorgeous - thoroughly aged and weathered. I love that little guy waving, and the doodling finishes the whole thing perfectly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook