Fly Free Hummingbird ATC by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello everyone, I hope you’re managing to keep warm wherever you are as the big chill seems to have arrived, certainly where I live anyway! I have another of my samples to share from the last Hochanda shows and this will hopefully warm things up as I’ve gone a bit tropical again with my favourite bird.






Ingredients:


That’s Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard Sheets – Fairies and Hummingbirds, Small Funky Flowers 1
That’s Crafty! Multi Surface Paints – Green, Christmas Red, Yellow, White, Metallic Gold, Metallic Ice Blue
That’s Crafty! Shimmer Paints – Purple, Turquoise, Dark Blue
Palette Knife – my favourite is the Ranger Black Palette Knife Set as it has several shapes and sizes
Extra – vintage book pages, small embossing ball tool (the sort used in Pergamano)


Recipe:

 

I covered the ATC with torn pieces of vintage book page (in my case a very old and faded book of Shakespeare’s plays which will last me ages as it has them all!). To make them stick down well, I brushed a little matte medium over the top to seal the edges.

I next added some detail with the leaves stencil and texture paste, just concentrating on the top right and bottom left corners. I left this to dry completely.

I put some green, yellow and white paint on a ceramic plate next to each other and then picked some paint up with a palette knife, smearing it over the surface to give a grungy look.

I painted the flower with red, yellow, green and gold paints, adding detail with coloured pencils when the paint was dry. I then scored some detail on to the hummingbird using a small ball tool and painted him with a mix of shimmer paints. The effect on the body is achieved by adding small dots of paint, starting with the darkest colour and ending with the lightest.

I glued the flower and bird to the background and finished off with part of the first quote in Lynne’s set stamped on white card with black ink and cut out.


Do keep an eye on the blog as we have some rather exciting happenings next week that you really won’t want to miss. The Design Team have all been working behind the scenes and I know we can’t wait to show you the results!

Have a great weekend and see you next week.


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. It certainly made me think of warmer climates Fliss. Love this little Hummingbird always looking for his nectar hee hee!! Beautiful ATC.. Warm hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey and hope you're warmer today.
      Fliss xx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful ATC! It’s snowing here today, and Looking at your beautiful ATC sertainly warmed me up 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melina, glad to hear that and stay warm in the snow.
      Fliss xx

      Delete
  3. Oh lucky you with such a book, did it take you long to tore out pages, lol- it would have done for me :-)
    A wonderful ATC , Fliss , the background is amazing with the torn page, under the green and your hummingbird is so beautifully painted, as is the flower. Here we have plus grades , also today, and no wind, so not too cold .
    Hugs from me- xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dorthe and the vintage book was my mother's but very tattered otherwise I couldn't have torn out any of the pages. Hope your weather is still warmer.
      Fliss xx

      Delete
  4. Oh spring just can’t come soon enough! What a beautiful ATC
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Amanda and I'm with you on that as I'm also longing for Spring.
      Fliss xx

      Delete
  5. I always love seeing how you work with the hummingbird Fliss, that was definitely made for you, fab ATC :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Donna. So kind and I really do love that bird (need some more now too as my last one has just flown away :D)
      Fliss xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely tropical warmth and shimmer - this is delightful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook