Mixed Media Tag by Melina Dahl

11:00


Hello!

It´s Melina here today with a step-by-step tutorial on this mixed media tag.








Here´s what I did:


Step 1 - I used a That's Crafty! white/greyboard tag as my surface and added a piece of tissue paper using That's Crafty! 3D Gloss Gel. I diluted some That's Crafty! white gesso and added to the tag to push the patterns back and take away the glossy surface. 






Step 2 – I blended That's Crafty! Light Texture Paste with Black and Brown Multi Surface paints and added to my tag through That's Crafty! stencil TC8005. Let dry. 






Step 3 – I added crackle paste to two That's Crafty! greyboard feathers. When dry I added That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint Metallic Antique Gold to both the feathers and the tag. One of my favourite techniques is to cook metallic paint with the heat gun – it gives great texture! 





Step 4 – I diluted some That's Crafty! Teal Multi Surface Paint and added to my tag, I both let it run around and made some splashes. 






Step 5 – I stamped the birds from Lynne's Affirmations Set 3 directly to the tag and stamped the quote from the same stamp set on a scrap piece of paper. I also added a piece of cheese cloth in the middle of the tag. 






Finally I glued my feathers down and used golden wire to frame the quote.








Thank you for stopping by today!

xx Melina

Products used:


Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap (Postale)
Pentart Crackle Paste + Primer
Cheese Cloth

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. A beautiful tag Melina and the textures on there are totally amazing! Love the cooked metallic effect too.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this tag Melina, a real stunner
    Love
    Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media tag Melina, love every thing about this and I have to agree heating the metallic paint gives the best effects!
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Melina , beautiful feathers and texture. Hugs from Dorthe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a stunner of a tag Melina, amazing textures
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook