Forecast for Today by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
I hope you have all enjoyed the long Easter bank holiday weekend, getting in some crafty fun hopefully!
In this post for you today I am again playing catch up with another of the That's Crafty! own brand products that launched recently, this time it's the turn of That's Crafty! Crackle Glaze.



Here's What I Did:

I started with a size 10 That's Crafty! MDF tag and applied a light covering of white gesso using a brayer. When dry I randomly applied different colours of Dylusions paints.


Once dry I then added a layer of Crackle Glaze, I applied it using an old credit card just scraping it all over the tag. I then left this to dry, I left it about an hour to dry naturally but you could use a heat gun. When it is dry it is still tacky to the touch. Then using quite a large flat paintbrush I painted a layer of white That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint paint over it. Don't keep painting over it as it can start cracking immediately. Leave it to do it's business, again you could use your heat gun but I left it to do it on it's own, and Voila! you get this..........


At the point of the photograph I had also randomly added some touches of light blue paint with my fingers. Now it's allready to stamp onto. As I was stamping over a painted surface and wanted to paint the stamped images I placed the tag in my Tim Holtz stamping platform (I have no idea how I survived before without this!) and this is currently on offer in the shop at £27.99 from RRP £32.99.
 I individually stamped the sheep and the clouds each time stamping an individual image, painting it with PaperArtsy Fresco paints, letting the paint dry and then stamping the image back in over the paint before moving on to the next one. I keep the tag in the Platform all the time I'm doing this so the 2nd stamping is exactly in the same position. I continued this way until all my images were on the tag. It does take awhile but I love how you get the hand painted effect.

I then wanted to add some background stamping so had to mask off all the images on the tag to do this.


So onto Post It Notes stamp and cut out your images, make sure your stamped image captures some of the sticky part of the post it note as it's easier to keep them in place. Pop them over your painted images and add your background stamping, again using the Stamping Platform so that if you don't get a clean stamping you can ink up and go over again. I often find that stamping over a painted surface requires a couple of goes to get a sharp image, impossible really without a Stamping Platform. Please don't judge me based on the state of my Stamping Platform, lol!!

I added some Scribble Stick to the edges of the tag to give it some definition, and a little coloured pencil work onto the sheep again to add a little colour definition.

Lastly I added a phrase from Tim's latest Snarky small talk stickers, I cut it up, added it to my tag and drew around it with a black pen.

Here's What I Used:
Dylusions Paints - assorted colours
PaperArtsy Stamps - ZA21 - for the sheep 
PaperArtsy Stamps - EKD02 - for the clouds
Tim Holtz Stamping Platform - Currently on offer at £27.99 from £32.99 
Other items: Post It Notes, Coloured Pencils, Black Sharpie pen

Hope you liked it and I will see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Stunning tag CC, that crackle glaze is awesome as well isn’t it
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hidden patchwork of paints background and how the crackle glaze exposes areas of it. Such fun stamps too which I have managed to resist as yet!! Awesome creation Amanda *EWE* have nailed it again :D Tee hee..
    Creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous crackled background on here Amanda and love those quirky sheep too. The snarky sticker fits so well on there and really made me smile.
    I too don't know what I'd do without my stamp platform now especially when stamping on paint or fabric as it helps get such a crisp image.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colourful crackle background - so cool! - and the sheep are just a delight.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook