Romance and Poetry by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


I think I have fallen in love with the Chunkies and for this Monday blogpost,
I also decided to tell a little story using the ATC one.
This time I collected and adhered all the parts and then went over with a thinned layer
of gesso.  when dry scraps of old book page were adhered  here and there,
and the hole in wall stencil used on the front with Light Texture Paste!


After it was totally dried, I painted over the whole Chunkie using thinned 
Multi Surface Paint in Brown, White, Lime and Teal 
only adding shadowed effects with Lime and Teal.


Using one of the wonderful Textures Collection Stamp Sets - 4,
I stamped figures on 3 sides with Jet Black Archival and onto a piece of copy paper, 
painted also with the thinned brown, I stamped 2 heads from a Eclectica PaperArtsy stamp set
and from another set by Alison Bomber, I used 3 words, giving meaning in this story :-)
Together with, painted cotton and gauze, everything were adhered to the Chunkie.


Lastly I used the big stencil Flourish in different places, drawing onto the
paper with a black fineliner and filling out after, then fussy cutting some to fit the Chunkie.
I had some almost dried leaves on a flower on my windowsill and used 3 different sizes.
Adhered it with Craft Adhesive and gave it a layer on top of the leaves too,
to protect them!!


To give the Chunkie legs, I adhered 4 black pearls from my stash!

I think it was it :-)
I hope you maybe have been smitten to play with this new product , it is pure fun !!

Hugs and love
Dorthe

Materials used:

From my stash: Gauze, cotton, book paper scraps, copy paper, dried leaves

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Oh Dorthe the dimension achieved with the light texture paste is amazing, it's fabulous for this sort of thing. Genius idea to use the pearls as feet, it stand proud telling it's own story! Lovely to see every side, fabric and nature a true romance and Poetry in Motion. A marvellous show piece.
    Hugs for the week ahead Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Tracey, thank you so much for your loving and kind words,- it makes me proud that you like it .
      I hope you will have a wonderful week, too, dear friend....maybe with time to relax, a bit ,with something cozy !! Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  2. A textural beauty Dorthe and you've achieved the most amazing amount of beautiful detail on the atc chunkie too. Love how you used the stencil in such a different way and the background colours are so soft and lovely.
    Hugs, Fliss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fliss, so happy you like it, I really enjoy, working with the Chunkies, they gives possibilities to create little ongoing stories .
      Hope your week started lovely my friend !! Hugs , Dorthe, xxx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful colour and textures! Beautiful piece of art❣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melina, so much , you are so sweet !!
      Hugs, Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  4. So beautiful, Dorthe - I love the rugged brickwork, and the wonderful moulded leaves, and the tiny pictures work so well with your selected words - romance and poetry in three dimensions!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Alison, so cozy to see you around again, - thank you for your kind words .
      Hugs, Dorthe, x

      Delete
  5. It's incredible Dorthe! Such a textural masterpiece and so beautifully designed. Thank you for the beautiful inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Autumn, thank you so much for your wonderful words to me, I`m so glad you are visiting me, here !! Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  6. This is gorgeous Dorthe, as Autumn says, beautifully designed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue , so glad you like it.
      Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  7. Your Chunkie speaks beauty, poetry and vintage romance in three dimensions Dorthe, this is out of this world! You never cease to amaze with all your detailed work!
    I am thrilled about it!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susi, you are so very sweet, thank you from my heart, for your beautiful words. They make me happily smile !
      Hugs, Dorthe xx

      Delete
  8. I love the Chunkies too so much Dorthe and yours is just absolutely amazing with all the lush textures, another work of art from an amazing lady
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Donna, thank you sweet friend, for your lovelyness and kindness, always, I`m so happy for your words, and our friendship -
      Hugs, Dorthe
      xx

      Delete
  9. Dorthe Dear you have made an otherwise boring Chunky ATC look amazing and so detailed. With your design style and love of nature you create Magic! Creative Bliss...<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry, you are so kind, thank you my friend- for your loving words, and kindness.
      Hugs from Dorthe
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. OMGoodness, Dorthe ... this is exquisite! I love all of the details and everything you've doe to make this a masterpiece.

    Happy crafting!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook